Indian Wedding Photography Workshop
Wedding Photography in India has grown in leaps and bounds over the last few years and as an industry has transformed from being predominantly traditional posed photography to highly creative contemporary candid styles of wedding photography. Good wedding photographers are in high demand nowadays, with couples wanting to invest in high quality wedding memories and albums that will last them a lifetime. Wedding photography today is a very aspirational career opportunity – so if you’re an amateur or semi-professional photographer looking to start shooting weddings, this is the workshop for you!
The Apex Wedding Photography Workshop by Arjun Kartha – 25 & 26 Oct 2014
Cost: INR 10,000
Duration: Two days – 25-26 Oct 2014
Status: Registrations Open!!
In collaboration with APEX – The Academy for Photographic Excellence, I’d like to introduce a one-of-a-kind wedding photography workshop; over the course of two days you will be part of an amazing, fun and inspirational event where Arjun will share all his experience shooting weddings all over India and abroad. The course will broadly cover:
- Wedding Photography in India – origins, trends and styles associated with the industry
- What does it take to shoot a wedding? Gear needed, and how you can gain experience
- Working with off-camera lights, and how to use minimal lighting to gain phenomenal results
- Two separate live shoots with models with individual shooting time per participant with hands on coaching by Arjun
- Working with a couple – and how to ace a couple shoot
- Post production and workflow basics – how to go from thousands of photos to a carefully curated story
- Album design and production – telling the story
Class sizes are limited – so register early!
Who should attend, and what you can expect to learn:
The workshop is open to all photographers! If you’ve never shot a wedding, or have been toying with the thought of wedding photography as an alternate career, this is a must-attend for you. Over the course of the two day workshop, you will learn about the fundamentals of shooting a wedding and understand the rigor and effort it takes to successfully create a wedding story. You will understand that wedding photography can be one of the most strenuous and challenging genres of photography – and why you need to have a solid foundation in the principles of photography to be able own the responsibility of shooting the most important day in someone’s life!
About Arjun Kartha
Arjun Kartha is a ‘non-wedding’ wedding photographer with a candid, contemporary and off-beat approach to shooting Indian marriages. Along with his wife Praerna, they typically work as a husband-wife team, and are pioneers of the fledgling candid wedding photography genre in India. With a penchant for making “fun” photos, they specialise in create stories using a blend of photojournalistic and candid photography – and in doing so, create behind-the-scenes memories that will last a lifetime. Arjun is a winner of the Indian Wedding Photographer of the Year 2011 award, and a proud member of Fearless Photographers and the Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA) – two of the most elite associations in the world that recognises excellence in wedding photography.
Registration will be via APEX. Please call Jenny (working hours, Mon-Fri) at 011-41669520 or 011-46015225 or write to her at [email protected] for registering and other details.
- A basic understanding of photography along with a keen sense for composition and “capturing the moment”
- A D-SLR by any brand with the capability of changing lenses
- A laptop for editing photos
- Ideally a strobe / flash head (an external flash that you can mount on your camera)
- Any post-production software installed on your laptop, preferably Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop
- Extra batteries, memory cards and enough storage space on your laptop
- A mode of transport (car/bike) to be able to travel from APEX, Vasant Vihar to outdoor shoot locations
Q: I don’t own a DSLR. Can I still attend the workshop?
A: I would seriously recommend having your own camera for the workshop. If you do not own one at the moment, there are various rental options available in New Delhi. Future Forward is a good place to start.
Q: I don’t own a laptop. Can I still attend the workshop?
A: As above, photography is all about a workflow – and learning how to smoothly transition from the camera to post production is an important part of what you need to learn
Q: I don’t have a car / bike – Can I still attend the workshop?
A: You need to be able to get to APEX at the right time and travel to/fro the college to the shoot location. All shoots will start SHARP on time – so you can try and ask any of the other participants for a ride, but do so at your own risk.
Q: I am not from Delhi and will be coming only for the workshop. Is stay included?
A: Unfortunately not! You will need to make your own staying and travel arrangements to APEX, Vasant Vihar and to/from the outdoor shoot locations
Q: Will I get the opportunity to shoot with the models?
A: Yes! All course participants will get a chance to shoot solo with the models who will simulate a real couple – while being guided by Arjun
Q: Can I use the images to build by portfolio?
A: Technically, yes. Any images shot by you are your own property and can be used to build your portfolio. To be fair though, you should mention that the images are simulated are aren’t a real couple.
For more information, please leave a comment below or get in touch by writing in to [email protected] I look forward to seeing you there!
Add a Comment